Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Time At Scottish Rite





WOW!!! This place is really decorated for christmas. Love riding around looking at all of the decorations when allowed to be out of the room. Have had a fever for last couple of days but if can keep it at bay hope to go home soon for our break between rounds 2 and 3. All in all blessed to still be doing well.
Christmas is so commercialized that our way of keeping things in perspective is to give back to a family in need at this time of year. Our plan this year is to give to the families here on the cancer floor of Scottish Rite. If you would like to be a part of this then please let me know by email, facebook or commenting on the blog. You can help support a family with this gift for around $20. We use an insulated market tote to bring food back and forth to the hospital on a regular basis (see picture above). This has been helpful in keeping things cool or warm while traveling. I can purchase these wholesale due to a small bag business I started late summer before Chloe's diagnosis. We plan to put hot chocolate packs inside. We have about 20 families here on the floor most all of the time. This would be a great help to them as it already is for us. We are blessed to have volunteers and past patients contribute regularly to needs on this floor. These families are in need of many things and this can help make their stay here a little easier.
Thanks from Chloe and all of her family for your continued support, love and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Put me down for $20.00. Wish I could do more. Do we just mail it to you at your home address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful hope chloe is doing better that fever can be something I had a great time with all of you last week Thanksgiving was special and my trip to Ky.was fun take care and I pray you can be home for Christmas love you all and Stacie I love my bag it holds everything sometime too much

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like to contribute to a family with the $20 gift for a market basket, please send the check to me and I will purchase these and plan to deliver the week before Christmas. I would like to have the donations in by end of next week to give me enough time to purchase and deliver them. Thanks again for your support and I know these families thank you. Have a Merry Christmas!
    If you do not have my address please contact me and I will get it to you. Stacie

    ReplyDelete